Hi,

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 12:13 PM, Tobias Gierke <
tobias.gie...@voipfuture.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  What do you exactly mean by the rendering of the page after download
>> completed? You repaint a part of the screen via AJAX? And this is the one
>> giving problem with images?
>>
> Good point. I just investigated the AJAX response returned by the server
> when clicking the 'Start download' button on the modal dialog and I noticed
> that along with the JavaScript snippet that does the "setTimeout(...)"
> there are also a lot of AJAX component updates that are obviously generated
> by components with overridden onEvent() methods. I didn't write the code so
> I wasn't aware of this :/
>
> This does not sounds very clean: you will be updating all of thos for
anything AJAX you do on the page.

> I suspect that the issue I'm seeing is caused by the Wicket AJAX library
> being interrupted by the "setTimeout()" call while processing the component
> updates... proving this will unfortunately take some time since the page
> has a lot of different components that all override onEvent() ...

In fact the setTimeout is "the way" of spanning a new thread on JavaScript:
that part was added by Martin Grigorov, if I recall it correctly, precisely
just to give wicket AJAX the possibility of complete processing.