Hi,

Thanks for sharing your ideas!

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 10:00 AM, Francois Meillet <
francois.meil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here are simple thoughts,
>
> modularity

what do you mean with that ?

> servlet 4.0 / http 2.0

I'm afraid it is too early for this.
We can make sure Wicket works fine in a container supporting those but it
is too early to require that.
Servlet 4.0 is still in design process. Apache Tomcat didn't started
implementing any features from it. I am not sure about the status in Jetty.
I know that Undertow (the web container for JBoss Wildfly) supports HTTP
2.0 but I haven't heard of any Servlet 4.0 features.
It will take us some time to release 8.0.0 but I think it will be too early
to require Servlet 4.0 even then.

> monitoring

I wanted to see how Wicket could provide some metrics (
https://dropwizard.github.io/metrics/3.1.0/)
what else do you have in mind ?

> server-sent events

https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/blob/master/jdk-1.7-parent/wicket-html5-parent/wicket-html5/src/main/java/org/wicketstuff/html5/eventsource/EventSourceResource.java
provides this for 2 or 3 years now
So far there were no bug reports for it. I guess no one uses it :-)

> new web design for https://wicket.apache.org

I hope this will be ready for Wicket 7.0.0 (
https://github.com/dashorst/wicket-site,
http://bitstorm.github.io/wicket-site/)
@Martijn, @Andrea ?

> new wicket-examples

I've done some work at
https://github.com/apache/wicket/tree/3435-use-bootstrap-for-examples but
it needs some love from someone with better CSS skills than me

> better highlighting of WicketStuff modules on https://wicket.apache.org

Andrea added some docs about some of the projects at
http://wicket.apache.org/guide/guide/wicketstuff.html
Ideas for improvements can be filed at
https://github.com/dashorst/wicket-site/issues

> Using an online survey tool could be useful

good idea!