Hi Tobias,

Sorry for the delay for testing your new component! As a first feedback:

1/ Actually, the component works if used with a direct model:
form.add(new ExternalImage("gravatarImageURL", Model.of("
http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/13532aede1a04cc766f6ac5c19ef7ff4";)));

2/ Strangely, it crashes when used with a PropertyModel, like:
this.add(new ExternalImage("gravatarImageURL", new
PropertyModel<String>(this.getModel(), "gravatarImageURL")));

java.lang.NullPointerException
     at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.image.ExternalImage.buildSrcAttribute(ExternalImage.java:168)
     at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.image.ExternalImage.onComponentTag(ExternalImage.java:142)
     at org.apache.wicket.Component.internalRenderComponent(Component.java:2521)

3/ There is no ctor for working with CPM, like: new
ExternalImage("gravatarImageURL")

Thanks again & best regards :)
Sebastien.