On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 9:41 PM, guillaume.mary <guiom.m...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Martin Grigorov-4 wrote
> > Hi,
> >

> >> Did I miss something ? if not is there anything planned about async IO
> in
> >> Wicket 8 ?
> >>

> > There is no planned support for asynchronous pages for Wicket 8!
>
> Is there some technical (known) reason ? Or just because of roadmap
> decision
> ?
> I mean, if i have some time can I try to implement it or does it have some
> technical hard difficulties ?
>
> Did anyone already try and didn't manage to do it ?

AFAIK no one tried.

In what use cases it would be helpful ?

Imagine the following:
1) the user clicks a link
2) onClick() is fired
2.1) some slow operation is started in the background
2.2) the request is suspended
2.3) the slow operation produces a result
3) how exaclty the resume will execute the rest of the body of onClick() to
finish the business logic and then re-render (parts of) the page ?