On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 9:50 AM, guillaume.mary <guiom.m...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ok. Thanks for the explanation.

Welcome!

Now I think there might be a way to implement my use case!
In onClick() the application code can suspend the current thread, start the
slow operation and setup onComplete listeners.
Custom listeners can do something with the result of the slow operation.
Wicket can provide an onComplete listener that renders a component.

In addition Wicket can provide custom AsyncContext that automatically
"transforms" all scheduled IRequestHandlers into onComplete listeners.