By default wicket does it's serialized back button thing.  For most of our
apps, this has been fine.  We have a new one where this behavior, showing
the page in a previous state and allowing the user to proceed from there, is
completely inappropriate.

Ideally, when a user tries to go back to a previous page version, I'd like
to re-display the current page in it's current state (as if they hit reload
instead).  Seems like since Wicket is tracking the page version in the query
string that should be do-able.

I found some articles suggesting how to put Wicket into a "stateless" mode
where the page always displays the current/freshest data, but am not getting
what I expect.

I tried:
getPageSettings().setVersionPagesByDefault(false);

But this didn't seem to alter behavior at all.  I also tried:
setStatelessHint(true);

on my pages, and that didn't change any behavior either.  Maybe I'm barking
up the wrong tree?  How can I get wicket to just re-render the current page
in it's current state if the user tries to use the back button?  Basically
just like as if they hit the reload button?