Hi,

The Wicket way would be to roll your own IPageManager or IPageStore or
IDiskStore and implement #getPage(int pageId) in a such way so that it
always returns the last used page by the user (i.e. session).
You may use https://github.com/martin-g/single-page-instance as an
inspiration.

Otherwise you may also try to do it at the client side, i.e. with
JavaScript.
Play with History APIs - pushState(), replaceState(), history.forward(),
history.go(history.length-1), etc.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov