From: Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 10:31 AM
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: Re: Issues with refreshing panel with form

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 2:53 PM Zimen, Michal <michal.zi...@anasoft.com>
wrote:

> Hi Wicket Users,
>

>    I've just started to learn the Wicket by fixing some issues in our
> legacy backlog repository.
>
> Therefore, I need some clarification to manage my blockpoints. Having
> spent enough time to fix it by myself, I finally must turn out to this
> help.
>
> The weird problem could be described following:
>

>   1.  A base form contains components and links to
> AbstractFormDialog(Jquery-ui) for user inputs.
>   2.  When the formDialogA is submitted, some parent components are
> updated, some remain empty, as it is expected.
>   3.  Another modal formDialogB is open and submitted and expecting
> components are not updated.
>
> When this procedure is done in swapped sequence - firstly formDialogB
> and then formDialogA is opened, everything works ok.
>
> Seems as if, the submitting formDialogA breaks the references for
> submission formDialogB.
>
> Could you please clarify me, what should be checked to avoid this problem?

I'd suggest these two things:
1) check for errors both in the server logs and in the browser
2) use a FeedbackPanel to show any validation errors in all Forms. I.e. if you
override #onSubmit()/#onUpdate() then make sure you also override
#onError() and if you use Ajax then add the FeedbackPanel to the
AjaxRequestTarget