Marc Lijour wrote:
> On October 16, 2007 11:37:49 am Vincent Massol wrote:
>
>> Hi Victor,
>>
>> On Oct 16, 2007, at 5:23 PM, Víctor A. Rodríguez wrote:
>>
>>> * any other places to look at for other pieces of XWiki core that
>>> should
>>> be added to the upgrade guide ??
>>>
>> I think we need more detailed instructions for moving data from an
>> existing DB to a new DB. The exporter would be the best way to do
>> that but importing a large XAR doesn't work either when the memory is
>> not large enough so import at the DB level is required anyway for
>> some large XWiki installs.
>>
>> I haven't tried doing this myself (I don't have a 0.9 wiki to
>> migrate) so I'm not the best placed to help here but I'm pretty sure
>> some 0.9 users are having a hard time so they should speak up!
>>
>> Have you checked the list archives to check messages about migrating
>> to 1.1.1 from a 0.9 install?
>>

> You will see of couple of messages of mine ;)
> With time I came close to migrate and I documented how I did it in these
> messages. Mostly the information is available in the Wiki as well but it is a
> long process to identify what we need and to fetch the information. For this
> reason this list is a good start but we could also get together on xwiki.org
> and build a page just around the issue if it makes sense.
> I don't have the migration done yet, so I am angry for any info you could
> produce ;)
>
> To make the story short you have to find this information:
> - install the import/export into 0.9 (see old.xwiki.org for the code)

I think this is the missing link. I couldn't make it work yet on 0.9, so
if anyone can help me I'll be hapy and will add the instructions (and
code) to the 0.9 upgrade instructions
> - fix the database XWD_ARCHIVE mediumblob type to longblob (xwiki.org)
> - increase the attachment file size limit (also xwiki.org)
> - increase the heap size used by your servlet container (-Xms : see for
> example http://java.sun.com/docs/hotspot/gc1.4.2/ for more)

All of these are covered directly, or by the referring documents, at
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Installation#HUpgradinganXWikiv09Installation

--
Víctor A. Rodríguez (http://www.bit-man.com.ar)
El bit Fantasma (Bit-Man) - Algorithm junkie