Vincent Massol wrote:
> Hi Victor,
>
> On Oct 16, 2007, at 5:23 PM, Víctor A. Rodríguez wrote:
>
>> * does anyone has success in making the code at
>> http://old.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Test/ImportExport work on 0.9 ??
>> * any other places to look at for other pieces of XWiki core that
>> should
>> be added to the upgrade guide ??
>>

> I think we need more detailed instructions for moving data from an
> existing DB to a new DB.
I've just added the MySQL instructions and a glimpse of Oracle (just use
exp and imp), I have no worked on in other databases to put some
instructions.
Eventually anyone that have used PosgreSQL or any other RDBMS could add
the instructions (or just drop me a line and I can add it to the wiki)
> The exporter would be the best way to do
> that but importing a large XAR doesn't work either when the memory is
> not large enough so import at the DB level is required anyway for
> some large XWiki installs.

The problem with this comes from XWiki having code at the page level, so
if we make a bulk copy (as in the instructive) not a complete upgrade is
made.
My feeling is to let both migration path coexist so that anyone can
choose which one to use (I'm not sure this is a good idea, but in the
meantime the database copy is left into the migration path)

--
Víctor A. Rodríguez (http://www.bit-man.com.ar)
El bit Fantasma (Bit-Man) - Algorithm junkie