Hi.

   The same thing has happened to me too. I had run xwiki without changing
the conf.xml file first. When I changed the database after the very first
call I got the error you mentioned below. My guess is that when you run it
for the first time, it 'sticks' to the database it sees first and refuses to
let go... :)

   I suggest you export a backup xar file (if you have any data) from your
running wiki, then install a new wiki with your database, see if it works
and then import the xar file. Keep the old installation, just in case, if
you want to tinker around with it.

Harikrishnan