Regarding the user guide, I'd split the feature presentation part
(aimed to be a commercial content) and the real user guide. It
confuses a bit (both users and prospectors) and doesn´t give the user
a presentation of the features and how to use them in a step by step
manner. Macros for instance are not present in the feature list while
they're really nice to use. While internationalization is while it's
not something you'd see in a user guide.

Studying macros a bit more I realize they are that simple scripting
language I was looking for. Some code snippets should be turned into
macros like Child Page Snippet, Backlinks Snippet (or others) so
advanced user can use them without fear, and without cluttering their
wiki pages with real code.

Macros could be part of the user guide or the "Advanced user" guide.