Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> Alan, Ricardo,
>
> what's on i2geo.net will be published soon. It's just a macro and a
> javascript embedding and uses the MathTran server.
>
> The syntax? real LaTeX, which is indeed running at mathtran.org. No
> own macros though.
> That also means it's full LaTeX contrary to most latex-imitators (but
> which, often, can do mathml for example).
>
> We should be announcing this in a few days... probably starting as a
> jira issue that contains the jar.
>
> It may take a fair more time to get high-quality printouts though...
> i.e. either that someone works on the print-channel-through tex (which
> is fragile because tex is a very old system) or that we work out on
> the dvi inclusion in the print channel.
>
> Would there be a better space to publish these ?
> we could start a project on our libresource forge, but maybe the XWiki
> folks team has a better place?
>
> paul

Hi Paul,

These are great news! Even though we are still far from being able to
contribute in the source side, I would like to say that being able to
write "nice" formulae is a key feature for us. We have started the "TeX
way" this year, so it won't be hard to integrate this new utility in our
workflow.

As per where to place this, is it not XWiki Subversion repository the
perfect place for developing this "plugin/extension/IDontKnowExactlyWhat"?

I'm sure you have already visited this place...

http://fisheye2.cenqua.com/browse/xwiki/

Cheers,

Ricardo

--