But also note that:
- XWiki supports interwiki links, like Wikipedia does, meaning that you
can install several instances of XWiki, put interwiki links in the
document content, and create a panel that lists these links.
- Better than that, XWiki supports virtual wikis, meaning that the same
server and the same XWiki instance can host more than one wiki at
different addresses (like en.company.com, fr.company.com,
de.company.com) and linking between them is really easy, without any
additional setup, instead of linking to [Some.Document] you link to
[fr:Some.Document]. You can also write a snippet that creates automatic
links if a document with the same name exists in another wiki, something
like:

foreach existing wiki, if wikiprefix + ':' + this document's name
exists, then write a link to it

- Even better, you can write an RelatedDocs XClass, so that the links
are not written in the document content, but in attached XObjects. And a
custom panel can be used to display these objects as links and add a new
one.

In many ways, XWiki is much more powerful than mediawiki. It just
requires some knowledge about how to master it.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/