> Hi,
>
>> * An improved WYSIWYG editor with the following features:
>> > - cut and paste from Word and web pages easily i.e. without having
>> > to go
>> > back and adjust the formatting of what's been pasted onto an XWiki
>> > page
>> <snip...>
>> > - if some wiki markup or code on a page could muckup the layout of
>> > the menu
>> > bars, etc can XWiki catch it and prevent it from doing that?
>

> Thanks for these numerous suggestions. Richard, could you please add them
> the
> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/NewWysiwygEditorBasedOnGwtpage
> so that we can take them into account while working on the editor's
> new
> version ? There's indeed a lot to do and to think about in terms of how to
> display code & wiki syntax in the WYSIWYG editor.
>
>> I think how useful and useable the WYSIWYG editor is effects the users
>> > experience and whether they'like and want to use XWiki.
>

> Agreed. Which is why we're working on its specification in order to start
> its implementation ASAP. User feedback during this process would be more
> than welcome.
>
>> * A way of sending emails to XWiki so they can be stored, archived and
>> referenced from a wiki page.
>
> Yep, I remember some talking about this.
>>
>> BTW I wonder if XWiki Watch could be used for this? We'd just need to
>> hook a mailbox + a POP module (or a mailing list archive reader) and
>> it should work just fine I think.
>

> I'm not sure this is the most relevant way to do it. I'd rather see an
> email
> archive application that would work this way -> you send an email to a
> given
> address (say [EMAIL PROTECTED]) .
> The email is converted into a wiki page with an unique identifier based on
> its subject, sender, date etc. The page metadata uses the email info to
> fill
> in the author & creation date. A check would probably be needed for
> protected page (add the email only if the sender's email adresses matches
> the one of an user who has rights on that page).
> An index page lists all the email and allows filtering & searching them.
> A macro allows to quote a mail in a page (could be done with
> #includeTopic(
> MailArchive.UniqueEmailIdentifier) actually)

Currently, Watch can read any mail archive that is published through an
RSS so it can integrate content from mails provided that there is an
intermediary tool to do this 'translation'.

As for directly reading a mailbox and a mail archive, here's how we could
do it: apart from the feed reader plugin, we can have a mailreader plugin
to handle this job (and just the same, a lot of other reader plugins to
handle various types of content). It seems the right way of adding extra
content fetching powers to Watch so this is, in the end, not a Watch
specific job but more like a plugins one.

Having Watch read emails and giving the user the possibility of 'mailing'
content to Watch sounds like a good feature...