Harjeet Wrote

>> Hello,
>> Can the applications for Xwiki Enterprise be added to the Xwiki
>> Workspaces. On the XWiki Workspaces main page it mentions that -
>> "Of course, under the hood Workspaces is based on Enterprise, and
>> with
>> some work you can get the same extensibility, but this is not the
>> goal
>> of this product."
>>
>> Should I even try extending the XWiki Workspaces the way it is
>> possible with Xwiki Enterprise, since I am fairly new to XWiki. There
>> is this concept of User spaces which is very appealing in the
>> Workspaces which I really require. What are the limitations which I
>> would be working against, so that I do not try to solve a problem
>> which cannot be solved or atleast with decent effort.
>
> If you are new to XWiki, my best advice would be that you first get
> experienced with its platform and development practices in XWiki
> Enterprise before trying to extend XWiki Workspaces. Then, if you
> really
> are willing to develop/integrate new application inside Workspaces,
> the
> best way to start is to look how its current application are built.
> For
> example, for the Wiki application, you can look at the code under the
> XWSWiki/ space and the application descriptor in XWSApps/WikiApp.

> Hope this helps, Regards,
> Jerome.

Thanks Jerome, I have already started on that. What I would like to
know is it is possible. In making the Workspace easier and more
straighforward to use, has some functionalities ( jars, templates,
rights etc) been taken out from the XWiki Enterprise. Do I still have
all the functionalities of Enterprise under the hood?

Regards,
Harjeet.