Hi,

As I explained it in several messages, I'm trying to use XWiki on a
remote server. We're accessing it with a ssh connection (using Putty).

First, I tried to install the war manually and it seems that I succeed
but we couldn't access to the XWiki page although Tomcat seems to work
fine.

I couldn't find anybody able to help me on this matter and I needed
XWiki to be installed so I choose to install the standalone version.
But there's a little problem. XWiki is working just fine but we have
to start jetty with a command on our putty terminal and if we shut the
window where the commad has been entered, we shut down jetty... so we
can't access XWiki anymore if the window isn't open

Is there a way to keep Jetty running without having to keep the
terminal window open?

That said, I must say that I've been surprised by the difficulty to
install XWiki with both method (especially the first one). Even with a
good tutorial about how to install xwiki manually on a Debian Etch
4.02 we still had a problem. And with the standalone version, although
it works just fine, there still is this little problem with Jetty (But
I hope somebody will be able to help with this). It's been difficult
to find help all over the web. Don't you think all the problems that
we can't get should be put in one place? It would avoid for someone
trying to install xwiki to spend hours looking at N sites and N pages
to find only one information. I hope I'll get to fix my problems and
I'll be happy to share it afterwards for people facing the same
issues. It would be really easier if all the installation problems
like this (exception, etc...) were listed on a unique page leading to
the right solution rather than having to look to multiples threads,
forums, blogs and websites....

But that's just my opinion.

I hope someone will be able to help me with Jetty.

Thank you for your time and the help you'll give me.

Regards,

Jeremy Amode.