Hi Adriano,

one suggestion that I can give you it is to use another DB, maybe MySQL
could be a good solution, if you don't have any other DB system available.
I have never used Vista, but I think it's not a good idea use Vista as
server anyway.

Hope that few cents could be useful,

Vito

Adriano Lopes wrote:

> I have XWiki 1.1-milestone-2.3619 available in my business. I use it as a
> repository for engineering technical information and legislation and as a
> Blog.
>
> My XWiki installation is the default one with the jetty container. I use
> Vista x64 SP1.
>
> The "xwiki_db.script" file is now over 3,5GB (mostly because I have many
> attachments) and I have set JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx2512m to be able to load XWiki.
>
> The process java.exe occupies 2,6GB of RAM memory. I have bought additional
> RAM reaching a total of 6GB to be able to use the computer while XWiki is
> loaded.
>
> XWiki as become an important part of my business and all my co-workers love
> to use it, so the information keeps growing.
>
> I will most certainly reach the maximum RAM (8GB) of my computer and will
> have to make large hardware investments if I am to continue using XWiki.
>
> Is there a less resource-intensive way for Xwiki to store attachments or a
> container more suitable for the way I use XWiki?
>

> Thank you for your reply.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Adriano, PT

Vitantonio Messa, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
+358 46 889 48 49 - skype: vitantonio81
COSS - The Finnish Centre for Open Source Solutions
@ Technology Centre Hermia Ltd.
Hermiankatu 1, FIN-33720 Tampere, FINLAND