Hernández Cuchí wrote:
> Hello,
>

> In my organization we are debating between XWiki and Sharepoint. There is a
> functionality that makes sharepoint different from many alternatives, and it
> is to create forms in an easy way. I've been searching the documentation of
> xwiki, and even though I found that there are forms, I hadn't found a way of
> making them "in a simple way", I mean, with a form to create the forms. Then,
> displaying the structured data and being able to copy paste to the office
> suite.
>

> So here comes the question, is there any easy way to create a formular?
>

> I mean that if there isn't, if someone knowing the technology could do it I
> would just be awesome.

There is no public form designer for the moment, although there was an
attempt to do this a few years ago (still in the sandbox), and we do
know that this is a Must Have feature, but there's no volunteer for it
at the moment. Technically, this shouldn't be that difficult to do for
an experienced developer (either in JS or in GWT), but our GWT
developers are pushing on the new WYSIWYG editor, and our JS developers
are busy on other things. And I didn't see any Summer of Code candidate
good enough to handle this project, maybe this year we'll have one.

Another alternative for the moment is to use the class sheet found in
XE, as it creates a basic automatic form for a class, one that simply
lists all properties and displays them in order.

So in summary, we're planning to have this as soon as we find resources
or volunteers to work on it.
--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/