I think you referring to sharepoint lists, which I agree and very
useful and powerful, but they are not exactly form.
I don't know of an easy way to customize sharepoint lists to support
any business rules.
I also don't know of any easy way to query data from sharepoint list.

Sharepoint is very powerful and with the right level of training you
can create powerful solutions quickly with it.

XWiki, I believe is a different category of application.

I would recommend you look into combining Xwiki with the eXo platform
or Liferay, to have something similar to Sharepoint.
Also look into creating portlets inside Liferay , I am not familiar
with portlets, but I know that many Java frameworks allows you to
create and integrate with the portlets standards.