Thanks for you help, i doesn't know this technique but i do same thing (i
think) overriding stylesheets by the Xwiki.XWikiSkins class...

When i say "from scratch" i heard "in darkness with firebug without knowing
the tree of stylesheets and their roles". I would love to have a map of "
XWikiskins / toucan / albatross skin ", perhaps because i'm not the real
developper's profile, and because i think it could help me to save lot of
time!!

What you explain is not really what i want to do, even if its just an
example. Our goal for now, is to use xwiki for our website too, like
http://www.xwiki.com http://www.xwiki.com , it seems not really difficult if
i have more documentation, but a real puzzle without.