Hi Hel,

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 9:45 AM, hel-o <h...@hel.at> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> vmassol wrote:
> >
> >> - No possibility to have different Title and Breadcrumb
> >
> > But Breadcrumb is the title. I don't understand the need and use case.
> > Could you explain? Could you also explain what you'd like to have?
> >

> breadcrumb is breadcrumb title is title (at least i see a difference in the
> function -> title=title of page, breadcrumb=navigation aid) . In most cases
> it will be appropriate that the title is displayed in the breadcrumb. But
> when i have e.g. very long titles it may be better to have a short form of
> the title in the breadcrumb.

I still think the right solution for this would be to truncate titles in the
breadcrumb, so that

"A very long title for my page that I want to be real long for testing"
would become:

some page >> another page >> A very long title for my page th... >> some
children page

WDYT?

> vmassol wrote:
> >
> >> - Only heading 1 and 2 possible as heading of page, if different
> >> heading and
> >> no title -> page name in breadcrumb
> >
> > Ok true. To be honest, I would personally remove the level 2 as a
> > header candidate since I don't see any logical reason to have it.
> > Could you explain your need to have level 3-6 headers to be considered
> > as dynamic titles?
> >

> If i use the wiki for documentation and to create structured hypertext, i
> will have my document at severel levels in the wiki (which has some real
> gread advantages -> topics reusable in severel contexts, topics
> interlinkable in strucure and "cross structure" ...)
>
> But i will also have the need to create printable versions of my
> documentation form time to time. XWiki has a real good export mechanism
> (with still some need of improvement) where i can also export page
> structures (includechildpages). If i use this i'd like to have the
> structure
> also reflected in the titles (in this case headings). So a title in topic
> in
> level 3 should become heading 3 ...
>
> If all topics have heading 1 the exported document doesn't reflect the wiki
> structure anymore.

For this use case I think it should be the job of the exporter to maintain a
"right" title structure by automatically recalculating all titles and
turning them into level 1, 2, 3 etc titles on the fly according to the logic
of the final document.

Thus the child page of a child page of the original page would have its
title automatically transformed into a heading 3 and its heading 1 turned
into heading 4 and heading 2 into heading 5 so that the exported document
looks good.

This way the page would look good while on its own but also when exported.

Wouldn't this be a better solution?

Guillaume

> Hope i made my points clear
> hel.