Hi,

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 8:31 AM, Marius Dumitru Florea <
mariusdumitru.flo...@xwiki.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Mike Ruocco wrote:
> > Hello,
> >

> > We are having a problem with Xwiki 2.0.2. Everything was working for a
> few days but now when people go to edit their pages they do not get a drop
> down for the Edit button. You can only click edit and it brings you to the
> Wysiwyg editor. If there are links to other pages in the page we are editing
> and when we try to save you get the below error. When you try to switch to
> Wiki edit mode on the right hand side you get the same error.  How can we
> fix this?? Really need some help here. Let me know if you need more info.

Try looking at your pages in wiki edition mode and see whether there are
links in titles or links otherwise mixed with content. This has trigerred
issues in the past and we need to know what exactly is failing in order to
fix it.

Thanks for the report.

> Check if the user profile is set to simple edit mode. Try switching to
> advanced edit mode instead. See
>
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/PageEditing#HSimpleandAdvancededitionmodes
>
> Even in simple edit mode you can force the Edit button to load the wiki
> editor by going to Administration > General and setting "Default Editor
> to use" to Text.
>
> Also, it's good to know that you can also force the wiki editor by using
> a URL like edit/Space/Page?editor=wiki .
>

> > Thanks
> >

> > content: Exception while parsing HTML

By the way Marius, I also experienced that issue a couple times while
testing and it's pretty frustrating because when it happens the user gets
"stuck" on the page -> clicking on "cancel" also returns the "Exception
while parsing HTML" issue.

Is there a way we could at least make the "Cancel" button work in such
cases? So that the user can return to the pre-breakage situation?

Guillaume

> Regarding the WYSIWYG issue, can you tell me what browser are you using
> and, if the issue is easily reproducible, can you give me an example of
> wiki text that fails to be saved by the WYSIWYG editor?
>
> Thanks,
> Marius
>

> > Mike Ruocco
> > Network Engineer
> > INPUT
> > 11720 Plaza America Drive, Suite 1200, Reston, Virginia 20190
> > Direct: 703+707+3506; Fax 703-707-6201
> > mruo...@input.com
> > http://www.input.com
> >
> > This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
> intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are
> addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible
> for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have
> received this email and any such files in error and that any use,
> dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email and/or any such
> files is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error
> please immediately notify postmas...@input.com<mailto:postmas...@input.com>
> and destroy the original message and any such files.
> >
> > {*}

Guillaume Lerouge
Product Manager - XWiki SAS
Skype: wikibc