Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 09:41:40 +0100
From: Guillaume Lerouge <guilla...@xwiki.com>
Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] Problem editing pages
To: XWiki Users <users@xwiki.org>

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 8:31 AM, Marius Dumitru Florea <
mariusdumitru.flo...@xwiki.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Mike Ruocco wrote:
> > Hello,
> >

> > We are having a problem with Xwiki 2.0.2. Everything was working for
> few days but now when people go to edit their pages they do not get a
> drop down for the Edit button. You can only click edit and it brings
> you to the Wysiwyg editor. If there are links to other pages in the
> page we are editing and when we try to save you get the below error.
> When you try to switch to Wiki edit mode on the right hand side you
> get the same error.  How can we fix this?? Really need some help here. Let me
> know if you need more info.

Try looking at your pages in wiki edition mode and see whether there are links
in titles or links otherwise mixed with content. This has trigerred issues in
the past and we need to know what exactly is failing in order to fix it.

Thanks for the report.

> Check if the user profile is set to simple edit mode. Try switching to
> advanced edit mode instead. See
>
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/PageEditing#HSimplea
> ndAdvancededitionmodes
>
> Even in simple edit mode you can force the Edit button to load the
> wiki editor by going to Administration > General and setting "Default
> Editor to use" to Text.
>
> Also, it's good to know that you can also force the wiki editor by
> using a URL like edit/Space/Page?editor=wiki .
>

> > Thanks
> >

> > content: Exception while parsing HTML

By the way Marius, I also experienced that issue a couple times while testing
and it's pretty frustrating because when it happens the user gets "stuck" on
the page -> clicking on "cancel" also returns the "Exception while parsing
HTML" issue.

Is there a way we could at least make the "Cancel" button work in such cases?
So that the user can return to the pre-breakage situation?

Guillaume

> Regarding the WYSIWYG issue, can you tell me what browser are you
> using and, if the issue is easily reproducible, can you give me an
> example of wiki text that fails to be saved by the WYSIWYG editor?
>
> Thanks,
> Marius
>

> > Mike Ruocco
> > Network Engineer
> > INPUT
> > 11720 Plaza America Drive, Suite 1200, Reston, Virginia 20190
> > Direct: 703+707+3506; Fax 703-707-6201 mruo...@input.com
> > http://www.input.com

Mike Ruocco
Network Engineer
INPUT
11720 Plaza America Drive, Suite 1200, Reston, Virginia 20190
Direct: 703+707+3506; Fax 703-707-6201
mruo...@input.com
http://www.input.com

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If
you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the
email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email
and any such files in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing or copying of this email and/or any such files is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please immediately notify
postmas...@input.com and destroy the original message and any such files.{*}