Hi Simon,

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Simon Glet <simon.g...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Asiri,
>
> I am a little confused by the quality of XWiki 2.1.1. At this point I
> find that there are many features that don't work properly or at all :

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm pretty sure that if you're ready to spend a bit
more time on this we can help you overcome the issues you're facing and help
make XWiki a better product as a result. Open-Source software such as XWiki
improves thanks to the feedback of its users and you can help us make more
useful to the community.

- Office plugin (the office 2007 ribbon has a very buggy behavior)

Would you be ok to describe the problems you're experiencing in more detail
and post screenshots and / or steps to reproduce on http://jira.xwiki.org/ ?
I'm sure that Florin, the lead developer on XOffice, would be happy to help
you make things work.

> - Document import (There is no documentation about version compatibility
> between the different elements)

I have to agree that documentation isn't one of XWiki's strongest assets.
However I've been using the document import feature on several XE 2.1.1
instances where it works just fine thus I'm pretty sure you can make it work
too. Asiri suggested several steps to debug, have you tried following them?

> - Usage with SQL Server 2005 is impossible. Works fine with PostgreSQL
> though.

Is SQL Server 2005 a hard requirement? Which errors do you meet? Would you
agree to report those errors on http://jira.xwiki.org/ ? Do you need XWiki
to work with a product released 5 years ago that much? What's not enough it
works fine with PostgreSQL?

I can't continue testing such a product. To bad, it looked very good.

It is and your feedback could help us make it that much better. I'd be very
happy if you were to agree to reconsider your current stance and give a
little of your time to the community in order to help us make XWiki fit your
needs.

Guillaume

> Best Regards
> Simon Glet
>
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Asiri Rathnayake
> <asiri.rathnay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Simon Glet <simon.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Asiri,
> >>
> >> I currently use the latest version of OO (3.1.1 Build 9420). What else
> >> can I check ?
> >>

> > Well, you can try un-installing openoffice and reinstalling. But I doubt
> > this will help.
> >
> > Next thing you can try is use jodconverter directly and try to convert
> your
> > document from odt to html.
> >
> > Here is the link:
> >
> > http://code.google.com/p/jodconverter/
> >
> > How to use it:
> >
> > http://code.google.com/p/jodconverter/wiki/GettingStarted
> >
> > If the command-line conversion fails for your document, then the error
> > should probably be reported to jodconverter users list.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > - Asiri
> >

> >> Thanks
> >> Simon Glet