Hi,

On 07/06/2010 04:07 PM, Thomas Hoeschele wrote:
> Just jumping in here, as I have to ask this: is there any Possilibity to Use
> XWiki Offline apart from Concerto? I consider this a crucial feature for a
> lot of enterprise where employees have to work outside or have no internet in
> meetings.
>
> Btw, I thing something like XEclipse with Page preview would suffice.
>
> thank !

Well, XEclipse was originally part of the XWiki Concerto research
project as well. AFAIK, there is currently no XWiki Offline standalone
project.

So there are basically 2 options for offline work with xwiki: Concerto
and XEclipse.

- Concerto involves having a local (in offline work context) xwiki
installation that replicates completely or partially a remote xwiki.
   - Advantage: full featured XWiki experience.
   - Dissadvantage: big footprint, possibly instable due to current status.
- XEclipse involves downloading a set of pages (or entire spaces) and
working in an Eclipse environment.
   - Advantage: light, syntax highlighting, suggestions, etc.
   - Disadvantage: only wiki syntax mode is supported and partial
rendering (since you don't have the wiki's entire contents with you).

Both options synchronize with remote XWiki when internet is available.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Eduard