On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 18:15, [Ricardo Rodriguez] eBioTIC.
<ricardo.rodrig...@ebiotic.net> wrote:

> Thomas Mortagne wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 16:56, Thomas Mortagne
>> <thomas.morta...@xwiki.com> wrote:

>>> Yes corrupted attachments can't break Lucene indexing AFAIK.

>>> That weird because this error is because storage returned an error to
>>> Lucene plugin.

>> Maybe you recreated the Lucene index as i suggested in another before
>> seeing this one.
>>

> I've recreated the index several times (completely removed
> /tmp/xwiki/lucene folder and restarted the servlet container) before and
> after deleting broken attachments. I've also removed those documents
> reported by Lucene as having problems with them. Three PDF files and
> three Excel xlsb files. I can download them from the wiki and open them
> without problems. Now, no more "error getting content of attachment"
> errors, but I got many warns. I've started a different thread when I've
> posted a link to a short catalina.out file.
>
> It is available here (3,6Mb):
>
> http://ftp.ebiotic.net/fromPeat/catalina.out.201010211227.txt

Things like

2010-10-20 22:23:51,538 [Lucene Index Updater] WARN
font.PDFontFactory              - Failed to create Type1C font.
Falling back to Type1 font

(or anytime you see "org.apache.tika.parser" in the stack trace of the error)

are not directly related to Lucence, it means that apache tika
(tika.apache.org) failed to read you file either because it's wrong or
because there is a bug in tika. But that can't break Lucene. We use
tika to find content of attachments and i guess it's not perfect and
there is files it does not support. One thing you could do if you are
sure your file is correct and you can read it with you usual viewer is
sending report it to them with the file (if it's not a security issue
of course). Or at least creat a jira issue with each file (when they
are very different) on jira.xwiki.org some that someone from XWiki
team can take care of this with apache tika.

Java taking 100% of CPU is certainly not normal unless you just
started to reindex Lucene and your wiki is very big (not really
because of lucene but because loading all the document from the
database can take a lot of resources). If it's not that it could
probably had incidence on Lucene plugin like on anything else of
course.