Hi,

I'm looking into 'how to modify parts of the userinterface' of XWiki for a
specific site/application
We would like to achieve this with minimal impact/effort and stick to the
colibri-skin as close as possible

the following interface elements are of interest to us;
The MENU-Bar's; both on the top of the screen as well as the one on top of a
document,
The Box that contains Comments, Attachments, History and Information
The top of the document that shows Document navigation hierarchy, the document
name or title the last modified and the summary of Comments, Attachments

With regard to menubar;
We would like to be able to add, show or hide elements depending on the Role
and rights of the user AND the nature of the document
Role; If user is a guest, author, moderator (typical roles you find in a
Content Management System
Rights; Has Edit Rights
Document nature; if document is only velocity (like livetables, scripted page
etc..) -> maybe this should be managed by rights?

The Box that...
Document nature; if a document is scripted we would like to hide the box, so
only real content pages should show that box

The top of a document
Document nature; If document nature is script; title, last modified by and
summary of box makes no sense

My question is what would be the best place(s) to do these things? What is a
good source of information to learn about these elements and best practises to
learn to modify them
(which API functions do work on these elements)
The VM template "menuview" seems to contain the structure of the menubars; is
this the place to influence the behaviour
It also contains #xwikitopmenuentrystart, #submenuitem etc.. where are these
things defined (and/or documented)?

thx
Gerritjan