I must say I agree with Dale, here we still use mainly MSWord for nearly all
documentation writing, and PDF exports. XOffice was feeling the gap, and
allowing us to introduce XWiki in the existing process.
Also, as a wiki (even xwiki) is not really bringing killer-features for the
enterprise productivity (at least, it's difficult to promote this point of
view to conservative users, not all enterprises are web 2 fanatics), it's
really a pain to push them to use another editor than MSWord, and it is a
risk for them as the whole chain (customers expectations for doc format,
existing templates, usage of macros and properties ...) is intricated with
msword ...
That being said, as I can't contribute to it, if it must end I don't have a
word :)