Hi,

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 1:04 PM, jerem <jeremie.bousq...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks but this was solved thanks to Thomas, because I had forgotten to set
> the correct aliases, so default urls did not work ... But now it does ! :)
>
> However my new issue is that it seems main users and workspace users are
> not
> really considered and treated the same way depending on the use-cases ...

Theoretically, there should be no workspace users, only main wiki (global)
users.

> For example in my new workspace (let's call it "newws"), in table
> activitystream_events I can find both values in ase_user field :
> "xwiki:XWiki.jbousque" and "XWiki.jbousque".
> The "top active members" then list a distinct entry for both (one with link
> to profile in main wiki, the other with link to profile in "newws"
> workspace),

Does the link to the profile in "newws" actually work? Is it an existing
page with an XWikiUser object in it?

> though the user directory only lists one user (the one in
> "newws").

By the way a new profile was created for me in "newws", auto-magically (but
> not from the start, I think it was created when I clicked on "join
> workspace"), and this new profile has no link with my main profile (the
> settings are the defaults).
>
> I just wondered if it was expected behaviour (don't think so), or an issue
> in the workspace app, or again a configuration problem on my side ?

It could be a mix of both. What you could do, if you have the time, is to
try and single out a repeatable scenario that you could also test on a
fresh install (since you mentioned you`re in a migration). You can use XEM
instead of XE since that might help you skip the extra steps required to
configure the WikiManager plugin so you can focus on the Workspace
application. If it's reproduced in a fresh install, then we have more to
work with. If not and it's related only to your specific setup then it will
probably be harder.

Thanks,
Eduard