On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 8:41 PM, Bill Vlahos
<bill_vla...@americantours.com> wrote:
> I'll have to enable those features.
>

> Any idea why the default configuration doesn't enable them?

Because we want the users to focus on the content, not on the
formatting / styling.

> It seems like a lot of work to turn them on.

Did you check the administration section dedicated to the WYSIWYG editor?

> Is this the only thing to change?
>         displayTabs change to true in "wysiwyg_storeConfig" in
> templates/macros.vm?

What version of XWiki are you using? Since 3.0 we have an
administration section for the WYSIWYG editor so you don't have to
change any Velocity template. Just go to the administration, click on
the WYSIWYG section and add the plugins and toolbar features you need.

Hope this helps,
Marius