Hi,

> On 11 Apr 2016, at 23:47, dullfig <da...@grmcompany.com> wrote:
>
> Hello:
>
> I want to upload the latest PlantUML.jar server as an attachment to the
> PlantUMLMacroGClass page. The current PlantUML.jar is outdated, and is
> already an attachment to this page.
>
> I press the "chose file"button, search for the .jar file, and invariably it
> stops at about 2MB with an error message that says "an error occured while
> uploading plantuml.jar". What could be the problem? the file is about 5MB

Maybe you should check this out:
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Attachments

And also http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/InstallationMySQL
if you’re using mysql:

"       • By default MySQL only accepts packets that are smaller than 1MB. If
you get the "Packet for query is too large (max_allowed_packet)" error then see
the Packet too large error page. For example to increase the packet size to 32M
you could start the MySQL server with mysqld --console --max_allowed_packet=32M
or you can modify directly the my.cnf configuration file to set this value
permanently.”

You should also check the logs to see the details of "an error occured while
uploading plantuml.jar” (that doesn’t give enough info to help you more).