Sure any improvement to the documentation is welcome but I would probably
present this more as a special Debian Jessie step that somethings everyone
have to check (or maybe add this to a troubleshoot section for the others).
As you want.

Le 23 août 2016 17:05, "Eugen Colesnicov" <ecolesni...@gmail.com> a écrit :

Thomas Mortagne wrote
> Actually looks like you have it in jessie-backports but it's probably
> not enabled by default.

Thomas, you are right. Need to edit /etc/apt/sources.list and add this line:
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian jessie-backports main

After this openjdk-8-jdk will be installing without problem. But as I said,
for non-professional in linux - it is not so clearly :)

Maybe will reorganize InstallationViaAPT instruction?
(http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/InstallationViaAPT)

For example, can be possible to rename "second step" to "third step", "first
step" to "second step" and
add new "first step" with something like this:
... first step - you should install or check availability of openjdk-8-jdk
package. For example in Debian  Jessie need to add  jessie-backports to
repository sources-list ...

If you agree, I can do it.