Hello,

> Am 16.03.2017 um 06:49 schrieb Stefan Helmerichs <s...@form-solutions.de>:
> First, remember this: once a permission is set, it is denied to everyone
> else, so even if you set one page to be invisible to unregistered users,
> that page will also be invisible to all other users, unless you
> explicitly state that others may see it.

OK, understood.

> The group problem should be simple:
>
> Unless the top page is the "Main" page, go to the page, go
>
> Settings -> Administer Page -> Rights: Page & Children
> There you can explicitly set group access rights.
>
> If your top page is "Main" or another page containing technical
> subpages, only set the Viewing permissions to the Page, NOT its children.

Aaaaah ... that was my mistake. I already figured out most of what you
outlined but once I revoked rights for "Main plus children", the Wiki
"stopped working" for the users.

So I will empty the database, initialise everything again and hopefully
get it right this time.

> Word of warning, though, this CAN break your layout, as some extensions
> seem to have a greater effect on the default pages than expected.

Yeah, some parts look a bit like a ball of wool ;-)

Thanks, Stefan. Could anyone explain the reasons why spaces were
removed? I mean, what better way to keep seperate projects neatly
separated while having them all indexed and searchable in the same
wiki?

Kind regards,
Patrick