> I’d go as far as saying that the labels could actually be distracting by
> taking more visual
> space and catching your eyes when you look at the UI as a whole and want to
> focus on the
> content.

I totally agree with this about the UI and wasted space and distractions.

> Now this could be minor and the advantages for the newcomers could be more
> important than the
> small downside for returning users.

Well newcomers just need to learn about the functions of the buttons by using
them once or twice. Whereas the rest of us have to deal with the wasted space
and distraction forever more :) Also, can't the concern about newcomers (and
the introduction to the purpose of the buttons) be addressed with the tour
application that now runs for new users?

Honestly I don't think everyone is going to agree on this. Whatever the XWiki
team chooses, will probably be fine. People will complain for a bit and just
move on with life. So I think the team should just take the result from the
poll and implement that as I think the topic could continue indefinitely :-)

Kind regards,

Mahomed Hussein
Custodian Data Centre
Email: maho...@custodiandc.com