Absolutely. if someone's height  is 1.6 m and  the refrigerator specification
says 167 cm height, we think that the refrigerator is 7 cm taller. In fact,
Russian kids and adults have a habit to access quantitatively everything  in
their heads, which is extremely easy.  My daughter here in US, even if she
really needs to do some math in her head, stops without even trying.

(I could see anti-metric people's argument here : "so, what good it brought to
Russia?". Maybe they are right - maybe once US goes metric instead of improving
math and science and becoming superpower US will simply become Russia?)

my latest disappointment with customary system:

my bread machine manual recommends to measure ingredients by weight (instead of
cups)  to get better results. I used electronic kitchen scales to measure 21
3/16 oz of flour. I switched my scales to oz and started to pour flour to get
21 3/16 oz. But once it reached one lb, the scales showed me 1 lb 8.3 oz . I
got puzzled how to finish my measuring without getting to the computer to
convert 1 lb 8.3 oz.

I end up taking some flour off the scale and pouring it back catching the
moment when oz turn to lb on the display, which taught me that 1 lb is 16 oz.
(i am nervous now because if i confuse 16 to 12, 15 or 24 one day, i will  have
to throw away a bad batch of bread)
then i decided that 3/16 is about 1/5 which will be  0.2 on my scales. so, i
stopped pouring the flour when the scale showed me 1 lb 5.2 oz.

so, 21 3/16 oz is equal to 1 lb 5.2 oz. what could be easier?

I am proud of myself because i was able to do that without washing my hands and
turning on my computer. (God forbid internet would be down, i would have to
call my friends for help)

Natalie