Yes, I did:

git clone --recursive -b rfnoc-devel https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd.git

and the "what():  map::at" error is reproduced when I use that branch. So
then I checked out the uhd maint head like you but can't build it properly.
What branch of gr-ettus are you using? Did you install it after installing
the uhd maint head?

Note: I ran into similar gr-ettus build issues when I checked out the uhd
maint branch commit Michael mentioned earlier. My workaround for that was
to instead the uhd rfnoc-devel branch head then modify the
radio_ctrl_impl.hpp and radio_ctrl_impl.cpp files to match what was checked
into uhd maint branch (commit 8922095
<https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd/commit/8922095b2c3a8dd1c764d7b80d3128c44721597b>).
So I never actually got uhd maint branch to build with with gr-ettus master
branch.