As simple as below. There are quite a few issues in github re vagrant
hanging on Windows 7 due to an older version of powershell... but we have
NO powershell.

# -*- mode: ruby -*-
# vi: set ft=ruby :

Vagrant.configure("2") do |config|
  config.vm.box = "maier/alpine-3.6-x86_64"
  config.vm.hostname = "alpine"
end

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/16af71e6-c1de-47ba-9836-b813ef7614fa%40googlegroups.com.