That does not make any difference. The problem is somewhere in the core
packages. I can't say for certain but I think this all worked under 1.8 .

DEBUG host: Trying: bsd
DEBUG host: Trying: linux
DEBUG host: Trying: null
DEBUG host: Trying: windows
 INFO host: Detected: windows!
 INFO runner: Preparing hooks for middleware sequence...
 INFO runner: 1 hooks defined.
 INFO runner: Running action: environment_unload
#<Vagrant::Action::Builder:0x00000000069449d0>
ERROR vagrant: Vagrant experienced an error! Details:
ERROR vagrant: #<Vagrant::Errors::PowerShellNotFound: Failed to locate the
powershell executable on the available PATH. Please
ensure powershell is installed and available on the local PATH, then
run the command again.>
ERROR vagrant: Failed to locate the powershell executable on the available
PATH. Please
ensure powershell is installed and available on the local PATH, then
run the command again.
ERROR vagrant: C:/opt/vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-2.0.1/lib/vagrant/
util/powershell.rb:94:in `validate_install!'
C:/opt/vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-2.0.1/lib/vagrant/util/powershell.rb:50:in

`execute_cmd'
C:/opt/vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-2.0.1/lib/vagrant/util/platform.rb:73:in

`block in windows_admin?'
C:/opt/vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-2.0.1/lib/vagrant/util/platform.rb
:75:in `windows_admin?'
C:/opt/vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-2.0.1/plugins/providers/hyperv/provider.rb:19:in

`usable?'
C:/opt/vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-2.0.1/lib/vagrant/environment.rb:379:in

`block in default_provider'
C:/opt/vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-2.0.1/lib/vagrant/registry.rb:49:
in `block in each'
C:/opt/vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-2.0.1/lib/vagrant/registry.rb:48:in
`each'
C:/opt/vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-2.0.1/lib/vagrant/registry.rb:48:in
`each'

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/e75f049d-5bad-436e-b74e-0010e16df217%40googlegroups.com.