so, remove the hostname, and disable the default shared folder

config.vm.synced_folder ".", "/vagrant", disabled: true

see if that at least start the VM

from there maybe, you can play with the communicator set it to ssh and see
if that works.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAHqq0ewDUUQU%3D-1EkWOncYXoPwWACEQS8ZCw009DmqfCLXj-vg%40mail.gmail.com.