Consider this vagrant file:

config.vm.define "mac" do |subconfig|

    subconfig.vm.box = "mac.box"
    subconfig.vm.box_url = "redacted-url-to.box"
    subconfig.vm.boot_timeout = 1200
    subconfig.vm.graceful_halt_timeout = 1200

    subconfig.ssh.username = "vagrant"
    subconfig.ssh.password = "vagrant"

    subconfig.vm.provider "parallels" do |prl|
      prl.name = "mac-dev"
      prl.update_guest_tools = true
    end
  end

Due to a bug I'm unable to do `vagrant up mac`, which on first run would
download the box file for me and then stand it up. To workaround said bug,
I need to do `vagrant box add...` first.

Is it possible to do `vagrant box add vm.box.url` or something along those
lines? where the command would read into the Vagrantfile and get the url
for the config I want?

Thanks!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/af2931cd-b7ba-4c85-9d4b-dd6acc53323f%40googlegroups.com.