On Tue, 2012-11-27 at 23:35 +0100, Philippe Waroquiers wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-11-26 at 12:46 -0800, Wiser, Tyson wrote:
>
> >  Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?  I am new to valgrind
> >  so I'm sure it is something simple that I have missed.
I just saw your follow-up telling you have a statically linked library.

>From Valgrind 3.8.1 onwards, Valgrind can properly work with
statically linked malloc libraries thanks to the option
  --soname-synonyms=somalloc=NONE

This option can also be used to support alternative malloc libraries
such as tcmalloc. See user manual for details.

I will update Valgrind FAQ with the above information.

Philippe