Dear All

Although VirtualBox holds a parameter for the location of the configuration
files of the virtual machines, is there any way to control the location of the
configuration file of Virtual Box? Currently it installs itself in a directory
".VirtualBox" in the user's default directory.

Is there a switch or otherwise to place this directory and its configuration
file in another specified location?

I ask this because we are using Virtual Box with students in a lab. They are
allocated a home drive which is connected every time they log on to a machine,
but we do not operate roaming profiles. Although they can retain the VM
configuration directories and files by configuring to their home drive, they
"lose" the Virtual Box configuration file every time they move to another
machine.

Regards

Malcolm

--
Malcolm Clarke BSc (Hons), PhD
Reader in Telemedicine and Data Communication Systems

Brunel University London
College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences
Department of Computer Science

HNZW010, Heinz Wolff Building, Kingston Lane, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 3PH

www.brunel.ac.uk<http://www.brunel.ac.uk/>

Connect with the university on Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook