Hi,

On 07/25/2017 11:06 AM, Michael Thayer wrote:
> 13.07.2017 16:42, Michael Thayer wrote:
>> 10.07.2017 12:29, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> [Patch to shared folder code proposed by Hans to reduce the line count
>> of the Linux driver.]
>>
>> I reviewed the patch and made a few changes.  Not yet tested on any
>> platform, but I am posting my adjusted version so that other people can
>> test, including on FreeBSD and Haiku which I cannot do easily.  Note
>> that this applies to the normal VirtualBox tree, not to the packaged
>> Linux driver.
> I redid the patch again, after realising that the non-physical-page path
> was for supporting VirtualBox 3.0 and older on the host, which we have
> not tested or supported for a long time.  Therefore
> VbglR0CanUsePhysPageList() could be removed altogether.
Ok, so I assume that similar checks to use physical page-lists can
be removed from vboxguest too ?

And talking about removing support for old features, are hosts
without intel-vt or the amd equivalent still supported; if not then
I think that vgdrvInitFixateGuestMappings can be removed ?

And what about vgdrvReportGuestInfo() can that be modified to
simply always first call VMMDevReq_ReportGuestInfo2 and then
VMMDevReq_ReportGuestInfo or are some of the paths checking for
rc == VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED || rc == VERR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED still
needed ?

Regards,

Hans