Hi All,

After finally getting vpopmail to install, I am not able to log in as a new
vpop user.

Environment: FreeBSD 4.2, qmail-1.03

Config line:
# ./configure --enable-default-domain=mydom.or.jp --enable-roaming-users=y

Output:
            Current settings
---------------------------------------
vpopmail directory = /usr/local/vpopmail
               uid = 1227
               gid = 65535
     roaming users = ON
        user quota = OFF
    tcpserver file = /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp
    open_smtp file = /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/open-smtp
       auth module = cdb
      auth logging = OFF
        pop syslog = show only failure attempts
    default domain = mydom.or.jp

make; make install-strip --> no problems

# ./vadduser testuser --> prompted for passwd twice, as expected

# telnet localhost 110
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.mydom.or.jp.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK QPOP (version 2.53) at mydom.nca.or.jp starting.
USER test
+OK Password required for test.
PASS <mypass>

<extended pause>

-ERR Password supplied for "test" is incorrect.
+OK Pop server at mydom.nca.or.jp signing off.
Connection closed by foreign host.
#

Any idea what I have done wrong here?
Some config option[s] wrong? Some file I should have edited?

Any help appreciated,

Shawn