----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Bolt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "GIC MLs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2001 6:09 AM
Subject: RE: POP Authentication Not Working

> My oh my... you run tcpserver with a shell script that runs tcpserver
> (again) and calls itself instead of qmail-pop3d. You also have a lot of
> redundance by including the full paths to binaries when they're in your
> path. Try putting this in /usr/local/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d-new:
>
> env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:/usr/local/bin" \
> tcpserver 0 pop3 qmail-popup mydom.co.jp \
> /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw qmail-pop3d Maildir &
>
> Then just run qmail-pop3d-new

Thanks for the help.
In the last day I have totally overhauled the installation and I now have a
much "cleaner" installation.
I totally cleaned up the qmail install and tried to proceed with vpopmail
again, but am not getting any mail.
The system was originally using /home system accounts for all users, with
the Mailbox mailbox format.
I used the script at http://www.qmail.org/convert-and-create to convert the
mailboxes to Maildir format,
and have the Maildir directories set up in
/usr/local/vopmail/domains/mydom/usr/Maildir .

Now when I send a mail to the user, instead of going into that Maildir, a
Maildir is created in the user's /home directory and the mail is delivered
there. My /var/qmail/control/defaultdelivery file contains ./Maildir .
Should I change that to the full path to the Maildir under the
vpopmail/domains/usr directory, or... ?

Another problem is that I am seeing vchkpw: password fail in
/var/log/maillog as users try to check their mail.
I do not get this when I am checking the test account I set up manually
using vpasswd, but accounts which I attemtped to convert passwords for using
the vconvert program ( vconvert -c -e <domain> ) are failing. Does this
require mysql support? I'm not sure I specified mysql support when
installing vpopmail... anything I can do to verify whether I need it or not
and whether or not it is actually working or if I should reinstall?

Thanks for all of the help so far.

Shawn