----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Bolt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "GIC MLs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2001 2:29 PM
Subject: RE: POP Authentication Not Working

> Is QPOP calling /usr/local/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw?

I don't know. How do I find out?

> What does syslog say?

/var/log/messages reports one instance of vchkpw: vchkpw: Read error
but it does not occur when I attempt the telnet session below. I am not sure
what caused it.

> Why aren't you using qmail-pop3d?

Wasn't aware that I should be.

> Why is your gid so high?

Because of all of the system users currently having their own group entries,
which is one of the reasons I am trying to get vpopmail to work.

> Did you create the vchkpw group?

Yes.

Thanks,

Shawn

> > Hi All,
> >
> > After finally getting vpopmail to install, I am not able to log
> > in as a new
> > vpop user.
> >
> > Environment: FreeBSD 4.2, qmail-1.03
> >
> > Config line:
> > #
./configure --enable-default-domain=mydom.or.jp --enable-roaming-users=y