----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Bolt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "lists" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2001 5:53 AM
Subject: RE: POP Authentication Not Working

> > I used the script at http://www.qmail.org/convert-and-create to
> > convert the
> > mailboxes to Maildir format,
> > and have the Maildir directories set up in
> > /usr/local/vopmail/domains/mydom/usr/Maildir .
> >
> > Now when I send a mail to the user, instead of going into that Maildir,
> > Maildir is created in the user's /home directory and the mail is
delivered
> > there. My /var/qmail/control/defaultdelivery file contains ./Maildir .
> > Should I change that to the full path to the Maildir under the
> > vpopmail/domains/usr directory, or... ?
>
> Your defaultdelivery file must end in a slash for qmail to know that it is
> Maildir. Try changing it to ./Maildir/

I tried this, but there seems to be no change. Mail is still delivered to
/home/<usr>/Maildir/ instead of to the Maildir in the vpopmail structure.
If Maildir/ does not exist in /home/<usr>/, it gets created.
Does defaultdelivery specify the _type_ of mailbox format to use, or does it
specify the location?

> You are using vconvert incorrectly. The first parameter is what to convert
> from, and the second is what to convert to. You are trying to convert from
> cdb to etc format, when you want to do the opposite. You should also try
> adding the -d parameter for some extra info.

I was confused when I wrote the previous message. Looking back to check, I
see that I did actually use the correct parameters.
Sorry about that.

> Have you tried using qmail-pw2u
> (http://www.qmail.org/man/man8/qmail-pw2u.html)?

Not yet. I am not really sure what it does.
The page says: qmail-pw2u - build address assignments from a passwd file
I'm not sure what 'address assignments' refers to, or how it relates to
vpopmail authentication.

Thank you,

Shawn