From: Matt Simerson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 11:24 AM
To: Paul Fries
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] Using tcpserver/mysql

Paul,

You are exactly correct.  Even when using my patch, vpopmail continues
to update the tcp.smtp.cdb file. There's one reason for that. The first
is that my suggestion for adding a --dont-update-tcprulesfile=true was
never implemented.  Granted, it would only benefit a few users (really
big ones like me) and it really doesn't make that much difference.

So, in short you are right.  You can do as I do and manually disable
the routines in the vpopmail code that writes out the file, or you can
just ignore it. If you're really clever, you can code in a
--don't-update-tcprulesfile function but to save some time, you might
want to search through the archives of this list as I've already been
down that road.

Matt

On Tuesday, September 3, 2002, at 12:08  PM, Paul Fries wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to accomplish using vpopmail with the tcpserver/mysql
> patch.
>
> Based on the documentation found on step 13 of
> http://www.inter7.com/vpopmail/INSTALL:
>
> --
> For sites using the mysql module and --enable-roaming-users=y it is
> highly suggested to use Matt Simersons tcpserver-mysql patch. This
> removes the need for vpopmail to compile a tcp.smtp.cdb file for each
> pop authentication.
> --
>
> I have implemented the patch, and verified that tcpserver is reading
my
> /var/qmail/control/sql file properly (if I chmod 000 this file,
> tcpserver complains about it on startup). Also with
> --enable-roaming-users=y in vpopmail, vchkpw properly writes the
> authenticated IP addresses/timestamp to the vpopmail.relay table in
> MySQL.
>
> My problem is this:
>
> Even though it is properly writing the IPs to the vpopmail.relay
table,
> it is also writing them into the tcp.smtp.cdb hash file. I would like
> it
> to ONLY write to MySQL and not to the .cdb. I have tried
> --enable-roaming-users=n, but this causes vchkpw to stop writing the
IP