On 2002.09.24_16:03:52_+0000, Matt Simerson wrote:
> Everything on the new system works just fine except the vconvert
> function. Can anyone verify that vconvert actually does work?
Yes, it actually works. Below are the steps I have taken to come up with
1. Compile and install 5.3.8 with cdb.
2. Test create a domain (devel.dutnux.com) and some users.
3. Recompile with mysql support, install, using 5.3.8.
4. Invoke ./vconvert -c -m -v -d devel.dutnux.com
could not connect to mysql update server Unknown database 'vpopmail'
converting devel.dutnux.com done
5. I checked mysql, it created vpopmail database and table for me.
The vpopmail table contain exactly the user I created.
> Can you sanitize a copy of a newer vpasswd file and send it my way so
> I can compare it to my ancient system to see if the format is still
> the same?
This is the first line of the vpasswd file I have. It was created using
5.3.8 with password learning support:
Sorry for the wrapped line.
H. D. Lee